In Australia, there may be some light at the end of the tunnel for Crown Resorts, after ILGA chairman Peter Crawford hinted that there is a possibility that Crown can regain its casino license in Sydney in the second half of this year. Over to the Philippines, Bloomberry has hit back at a lawsuit claiming its chairman had hid assets in the U.S. to avoid payout – labelling the lawsuit “shameless” forum shopping. This week’s Nippon Weekly article discusses the radio license on IR development plans from the Japanese government, leading the media to even suggest the policy had “stalled”. Meanwhile, Macau is looking forward to a May Golden Week boom while neighbouring Hong Kong and Sing expect widespread vaccine coverage by the end of the year. The editorial team will be taking a break over the Easter long weekend. We hope you have an enjoyable weekend.
First, the news
- Crown likely to regain Sydney license this year: Regulator
- Bloomberry calls GGAM suit “shameless forum shopping”
- Macau hopeful on May Golden Week boon
- Macau dealers’ wages average USD2,750
- Macau operators reminded to remain neutral in elections
- Macau, Korea extradition agreement in force as of Mar 31
- Macau gaming-related crimes director sworn in
- HK, SG to achieve widespread vaccine coverage by 2021
- Japan’s opposition makes casino abolishment “basic policy”
- Suga government slips on IR messaging
- Melco Intl Dev swings to HK$12.4 billion loss in 2020
- Fantasy sports market to hit US$48.1 billion by 2027
- Genting rating confirmed, negative outlook remains
- 500 .com completes acquisition of Loto Interactive
- Century Entertainment expects April opening for Dara Sakor casino
What you need to know
New South Wales chief gaming regulator Philip Crawford said the reinstatement of Crown Resorts’ license in New South Wales is a “realistic prospect”, provided the company has its “structures in place.” Crown’s license was suspended in February following a damning report from Patricia Bergin highlighting the company’s lapses in anti-money-laundering measures, stemming from poor governance. The fallout from the report was a complete shake-up of Crown’s board of directors and executive management team, including chief executive Ken Barton and five Packer-linked directors.
Bloomberry Resorts has hit back at a lawsuit filed against the company’s chairman in New York by the Philippines unit of Global Gaming Asset Management as “shameless” forum shopping and said it will vigorously defend the case. The two companies have been in a long-running spat dating back to 2013, when Bloomberry terminated a management contract with the U.S. company for the Solaire Resort & Casino in Manila’s Entertainment City. The consultancy firm is going after the company’s Chairman Enrique Razon Jr. and accuses him of hiding assets in the U.S. to avoid the payout.
AGB NIPPON WEEKLY
It’s well over six months into the administration of Yoshihide Suga, but the government has given scarce information about its IR development plans. In fact, a recent media report suggested that the policy has “stalled.” It hasn’t stalled, but for those who are not paying close attention, it’s perfectly understandable that they might think so. As we have seen, in recent months there has been movement in the four local communities that are expected to bid for an IR license, but the national government is keeping its lips shut.
- Dota 2 most lucrative esports title in China
- Number of esport enthusiasts projected to rise 32% by 2024
- Success Dragon completes share placing
- Habanero announces new slot game: Before Time Runs Out
- 32Red goes live with Lightning Box games
A proper electronic gaming machine (EGM) and gaming equipment Preventive Maintenance program protects and prolongs the value of a gaming property’s capital investments. When well executed, a proper Preventive Maintenance program maximizes available play time by way of minimizing unscheduled downtimes on the EGMs and gaming equipment.
SEGA SAMMY CREATION is excited to announce that our latest slot game “DICEMAN” with a 2-level Progressive Jackpot has been released in the Asian market with the exception of Macau. DICEMAN brings an unforgettable winning experience with two unique dice rolling features. The first “Dice Multiplier Feature” provides the chance to win up to 12x on the Multiplier.